top of page
  • Writer's pictureKB Law Solicitors

EU Settlement Scheme Locations

KB Law Blog - EU Settlement Scheme
EU Settlement Scheme Locations

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.

The EU Settlement Scheme is open. You can apply now if you meet the criteria. It’s free to apply to the scheme.

The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021 and Which status you get may depend on when you apply.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal

You will need to be living in the UK before it leaves the EU to apply. The deadline for applying will be 31 December 2020.

Apply by yourself

You can apply using EU Exit: ID Document Check app

If you cannot use the EU Exit App

You can make an appointment to have your ID document scanned and verified for you if you cannot use the EU Exit: ID Document Check app. The purpose of the scan is to confirm your identity so that you’ll be able to make an application to the EU Settlement Scheme.


You must contact the location to book an appointment to use this service. You’ll need to attend this appointment in person.

Once your ID document has been scanned you can make the rest of your application online later using a computer or any other device you choose to access the internet.

What to bring to your appointment

  • Your biometric passport from an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland

  • A mobile phone that can receive text messages or a device that can receive email

  • This service does not accept national identity cards. Only the ID documents listed above can be checked.


You may be charged to use this service. The service provider you use will tell you how much you’ll need to pay.

Locations of where this service is available

You can get support applying to the EU Settlement Scheme if you’re a vulnerable citizen, for example if you:

  • are elderly

  • are isolated

  • are disabled

  • are a child in care

  • have significant language or literacy problems

  • have mental health issues

  • do not have a permanent address

  • are the victim of domestic abuse

  • are the victim of human trafficking

Use the website link here to obtain information about a list of local and national organisations who may be able to offer help and support.

If you wish to obtain advice or legal assistance in respect of your immigration matter, we offer an affordable and confidential consultation at a fixed fee with and experienced immigration lawyer where we can answer your questions and explain the processes that will apply. Your consultation fees will be set off against your instructions to the firm if you go on to instruct us.

For more information or to book an initial consultation, please contact us


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page